Predoctoral PhD Applicants – How to Apply
The primary qualifications for this program include a commitment to an oral science research career, previous academic achievement and research potential. Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD degree program at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Preference will be given to candidates who have passed the Preliminary Exam.
UIC is dedicated to increasing the participation of individuals currently underrepresented in the biomedical and clinical sciences, as diversifying the student and faculty bodies improve the quality of the training and educational environment.
Applicants must be United States citizens, non-citizen nationals or individuals lawfully admitted for permanent residence who possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-551, or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident). Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible for admission.
Application dates for the 2016-2017 year are:
- March 1 – submit intent to apply by email
- March 8 – applications due
Complete the following items and forward to Ashley Burton at the following address: 801 S. Paulina Street, Room 202D, M/C 621, Chicago, IL 60612.
- Two-page description of research project and career goals. Must include: a) plans for journal article submission and, b) plans for individual grant submission
- Recommendation letter from primary mentor
- One-page self-assessment of research training needs (eg. curriculum, additional mentoring, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Proof of successful completion of the preliminary exam, if applicable.